Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Can't get enough of this guy...

                                   

More by my new friend Gunter. 

I'm drawn to the powerful simplicity of many of his designs. This one is for the International Prison Watch organization. Many of his images are black, white, red and gray which reminds me of the Constructivists. If you're interested in some of the more typographic posters he's done for theater, you can check out my typography blog.









I believe this is for the UN World Day Against Racism and Violence. The shattered hand and complementary colors make this an intense design. 

This image for peace seems to avoid the cliche of the heart (mostly, anyway) .



This final image is obviously more complex and really interesting. It's a poster for something to do with freelance photographers, I think. The combination of type and image is great.


No comments:

Post a Comment